Hello World!! I guess I have officially joined the interweb as they call it. This blog thing is new...so bear with me! Oh hell! Who am I kidding? I'll be a pro at this in no time at all!
I guess I have actually joined two new groups...I am also now a commuter. Ummm..yeah....That group is not so exciting. Yesterday was my first day commuting about an hour each way to my job. You ask why I am commuting now? Because we moved to be closer to my family! YAY on that account! I guess Michael and I have sort of switched roles. He now works about a mile from home and I am joining the ranks of those who single-handedly keep the oil tycoons in business!!
All of that driving does give you a lot of time to think and reflect....oh yes, and to be asleep at the wheel!! AHHHH!!! Getting up at 4:30am BLOWS BIG DONKEY BALLS!! I will say though that it's nice to actually get showered and dressed for work in some peace and quiet. I am so used to having to wrestle Callie and kick Winston that I have found myself almost screaming 'NO!!' at the medicine cabinet and kicking the toilet. Bet that medicine cabinet wouldn't laugh at me like Callie does and bet that toilet wouldn't keep doing what I told it not to like Winston does!! :-) Ok...I don't actually kick Winston or wrestle Callie but I used to feel like I had run a marathon by the time I actually got to work. Now I just feel like I sat for the duration of a marathon. Never realized how much my ass would hurt from sitting 2 1/2 hours per day in a car...not even counting sitting at work. I can deal with the hurting ass....that's what Tylenol is for. It's the ever expanding ass that I am afraid of!! I already get like zero physical activity - now it will be even less. How do I combat that? My coworker goes to Curves and wants me to join. I'll have to think on that one!!!
Ok...back to the commuting...I somehow got sidetracked. I do that easily as you'll probably notice! Speaking of noticing...I am certainly a 'rabbit hunter' as my dad used to call it. I do more rabbit hunting than watching the road so I notice A LOT of stuff. One thing that has me perplexed is the old guy that has been sitting on his porch for the last two mornings at like 6am. Why does anyone sit on their front porch at that hour? It's not like he is sitting out there drinking coffee in his jammies. He is out there ready for the day with his Dickies shirt and pants on and even a cap and boots. Yes, I am very observant. Even at 70 mph!! LOL Granted, his house is no bigger than my car...but why oh why does anyone sit outside so early in the morning. Maybe he just likes to watch traffic? I have waved at him both days so far. I can see this continuing. Well, I'll wave if I have my eyes open as I pass him - you know that whole asleep at the wheel bit!! :-) Maybe I'll stop one day and see just what he is up to. Heck, maybe I'll even take a seat there and see what the view is like!!!
1 comment:
yay! I will be a loyal reader to your blog!
I say you honk at the old guy every morning and give him a laugh!
Post a Comment