Monday, July 6, 2009

A couple funnies and one sad....

Let's deal with the sad first. My aunt was diagnosed with ovarian cancer about 1 1/2 year ago. She was doing really well until the last couple months. We always knew the outcome wouldn't be good but I guess even knowing the end will be soon still just doesn't prepare you. She hasn't actually passed away yet but she has been turned over to hospice care and the doctors have said it could be at any moment. So my mom is at the hospital to be with her and the rest of her family. Getting old sucks. There are days that I wish I could teleport back about 20-25 years just so everyone would be well again and young and having fun and that's all we thought about. We weren't concerned about death and dying and people being sick. Again...getting old sucks!

The funny stuff. Having had all of this stuff going on all weekend....Callie's comic relief has been much needed! She has such a huge personality! Saturday morning we were getting ready to go to Sams and Michael was getting in the shower. She was standing on her stool and looking in the mirror with me so he was just going on about his business behind us. She likes to put on makeup when I do. As I lay things back in the makeup box she will pick them up and mimic me. Anyway...without missing a beat she turned around and pointed at his azzz and yelled CRACK!!! She immediately turned right back around started putting on eye shadow! LOL WHERE did she learn that word? I don't think I've ever even said that in front of her! It sounds like the work of a certain Nana that I know! LOL Along with saying SHOOT! or OH FLITTER! when she drops something. Except Flitter comes out sounding more like pitter and shoot...well....yeah....the 4 letter word! LOL

The second funny is that now she absolutely hates to go to bed. She can be walking death and she will fight you to the bitter end! Last night she was sitting in her PBK's chair in the living room brushing her teeth and I was in the recliner. I started getting up from the chair and she stopped brushing and started yelling BACK! BACK! and pointing for me to scoot back in the chair again! LOL TOO CUTE! She is killing me lately with the WHY? HOT HAPPENED? ISI OK? (usually about Winston) TWIT (!!) is also a new one that we hear often. It is what I think is supposed to be quit! She will fuss at Winston and say TWIT TI TI! She calls Winston, Ti Ti! LOL

I LOVE that she can carry on a conversation now but oh man....she jibber jabbers nonstop now!

Oh...and my mom bought her a purse on Friday. She has carried that thing everywhere so far! AYE YA YA!!! She is starting early! She was packing it around yesterday and I offered her lunch. She marched over to Michael and said 'Hold purse, Gaggy!!!' LOL

1 comment:

mesa said...

I'm very sorry to hear about your aunt Mitzi. I'm glad your mom can spend this precious time with her ♥

Callie cracks me up! too hilarious! glad you are writing these things down! You can't ever forget them!